We are insured. With a handful of parents that have offered to be Ride Leaders/Volunteers, we are looking at some dates to get together and ride! I hope to be in touch soon with more dates, times and locations. In the meantime:
1. Reminder: tonight is a Try it Out session at Carver. Tues, July 15, is another Try it Out at Murphy.
2. Sunday is a MN MTB series race in Duluth (citizen class free for HS)
3. Tentatively plan on Wed, July 16, 6:30-8:00pm for a first team ride at Lebanon!! Low key. We'll send more info beforehand. Will likely do a quick bike/gear check, ensure we have waivers for everyone and review some group ride safe practices. And, of course, get on the trails! There are a variety of trail difficulty levels so no worries! Please let me know if you plan to make it.
Please try to do the NICA registration and waivers before we ride next Wed. I will at least have to have the waiver before you can ride (signed by parents). If you need me to send the NICA invitation to you again, just let me know.
Finally, we are going to switch to a wiki web page which will be easier to keep updated. Here is the address: http://highlandmtb.wikispaces.com/. It still needs some info added but has most of the key stuff:
1. Home page for immediate action news. Including yet another form to fill out with emergency contact info. Thanks for getting it done!
2. News page in blog format. Note that the past few emails are archived on the News page in blog format so you can access that past info. Thanks, John Faughnan, for setting that up!
3. Calendar. Google. So can subscribe.
4. And some other pages that will get beefier as we roll ...
And we'll try to add some more group rides soon! Stay tuned! As always, feel free to send questions my way
Paul Johnson, 651-285-2970